MANUFACTURER: Meggitt Fuelling
Whittaker Venturis – different sizes – Meggitt Fuelling
F505 (four-inch), F517(six-inch), F527 (three-inch) AND F586 (four-inch X three-inch)
Whittaker Venturis are designed for use in fuelling systems where it is desirable to accurately control the pressure into an airplane fuel system at the underwing nozzle.
The venturi provides a convenient point to control pressure and compensate for the pressure loss of the plumbing between the venturi and the underwing nozzle. Thus, in effect, control is achieved at the nozzle by controlling to the desired pressure at the venturi.
Venturis are provided with an adjustable mixing valve to allow matching of compensation for a particular system. Venturis are engineered to provide the following features
- Up to 50% more compensation than competing units
- 25-50% less pressure drop than competing units
- High strength aluminum alloy construction
- Victaulic ends for ease of installation
- Two sets of pressure ports. One needle valve standard; second optional