MANUFACTURER: Meggitt Fuelling
Hose End Pressure Refuelling Coupling – HU4000 Series – Meggitt Fuelling
- Unique internal safety interlock integral to the poppet
- Six slot engagement for easier coupling location
- Independent 2nd swivel improves ease and use of coupling
- Improved choice of operation with three handle options
- Nose seal replaceable without depressurizing
- Well proven MK six pressure controller
- Robust, lightweight construction
- the design of the HU4000 does not cause excessive wear to the aircraft units or bottom load equipment
Proven Design Features Retained
Safety in refuelling is of paramount importance. Meggitt’s unique internal safety interlock utilises the poppet as an integral part of the interlock system and is therefore not reliant on secondary interlock components. The coupling is unaffected by wear in the aircraft unit slots and tolerates a high level of wear to the lugs. In addition, the design of the HU4000 does not cause excessive wear to the aircraft unit.
HU4000 series design includes a wider range of hose adapter designs, relocation of the swivels, three new handle types, and new operating lever design. Spares and service requirements are also important in this change of design. Ease of maintenance and spares compatibility with its predecessor, the HU3000, have been retained.