MANUFACTURER: Meggitt Fuelling
API Adaptors – F414 and F429 – Meggitt Fuelling
The F414 adaptor is designed in accordance with API RP1004 to mate Meggitt couplers F240, F250 and F228 if used for bottom loading.
It is also available with six position product selection. When used as a hydrant valve adaptor the unit requires an optional relief valve with a poppet that then meets API 1584. The F414 has a 150# ASA flange and can be provided in aluminum or ductileiron.
When the F414 is used as a hydrant adapter it is recommended that the unit be all ductileiron and include a relief valve.
The Meggitt F429 scaled down API style adaptor is available for bottom loading applications where 4-inch hardware is not needed and is physically too large.
Bulk plants and wholesale delivery tank wagons are typical applications where this hardware can be utilized. In addition, the F429 adaptor and its mating coupler, the F214, can easily be used in a truck “swing hose” delivery system to good advantage.
- Iron and brass free content standard
- Seals suitable for use with fuels with high aromatic content
- Lightweight, rugged aluminum construction
Key Features – F429 only
- API style connection – reduced scale for 3-inch size
- Available with 3-inch NTT; 2.5, three and four-inch NPT; and three-inch BSP flanges
- Metal self-sealing cap provided
- 8-inch center-to-center installation possible (with mating F214 coupler)
- Low pressure drop design – full three-inch
- Available with Viton seals
- Standard metal dust cover – retained by rugged chain