MANUFACTURER: ECHA Microbiology
SigTests®: Sig Sulphide® SRB Test Kit – ECHA Microbiology
Sig Sulphide® is an SRB test kit that detects the presence of bacteria that generate corrosive sulphide, such as Sulphate Reducing Bacteria (SRB). This innovative SRB test kit allows users to quickly and accurately detect bacteria that may pose a threat of corrosion in systems such as pipelines, fuel tanks, water tanks, ship’s bilge and ballast and closed water systems.
The Sig Sulphide® test kit allows you to reliably detect the extent of bacterial sulphide generation and assess the associated risk of Microbially Influenced Corrosion (MIC). This method is widely used by water treatment companies, world renowned environmental test laboratories, oil companies and marine surveyors. It is recognised as a useful tool in detecting the risk of corrosion before it becomes too costly or difficult to manage, as well as for investigating corrosion incidents.
SigTests® are uniquely designed to test for microorganisms which cause significant problems in industry. Anyone can easily use the kit by adding a small amount of the fluid or corrosion deposit to the screw-capped tube. Results are then shown via a change in colour of the gel inside the test tube, depending on the extent of SRB or other bacterial sulphide generating activity present.
Through its colour-changing gel methodology, the test kit gives a clear indication of the severity of an SRB infection, and the associated corrosion risks. Sig Sulphide® also shows good correlation with the NACE TMO 194 standard test method for detecting corrosive SRB. The ability to test easily on-site helps avoid the errors associated with delays in transferring samples to a test laboratory.
The test kit provides results much quicker than equivalent laboratory tests for detecting SRB and is widely used in the commissioning of closed water systems, routine monitoring, and investigation of corrosion incidents.
- Assesses the extent of bacterial sulphide generation, including activity of SRB
- Indicates the risk of microbially influenced corrosion
- Can be used for testing closed water systems, cooling waters, bilge/ballast water, metal working fluids and more
- Utilises simple colour-change indication technology
- Provides easy-to-read results to demonstrate the extent of contamination
- Can be used either on-site or in the laboratory
- Requires no additional equipment or specialist training
- Provides results within 1-6 days
- Used by market leaders in industrial water treatment, and major oil and environmental test laboratories
- One of the most cost-effective SRB detection methods
Documents & Downloads