MANUFACTURER: ECHA Microbiology
SigTests®: Sig Rapid WB™ Test Kit – ECHA Microbiology
Sig Rapid WB™ provides a semi-quantitative overview of the presence of microbial contamination that may be present in water associated with fuel. This simple test kit allows users to rapidly detect microbes, as they develop in the water phase of a fuel sample.
Sig Rapid WB™ allows you to quickly and reliably test water associated with fuel for microbial spoilage. This method can be used for a wide variety of applications, and can be trusted to reliably test Fuel Tank Water Bottoms, Product in Shore Tanks prior to loading on Ships, Drain Samples from Tanks and more.
Anyone can easily use the kit, by adding a small amount of the water being tested to the screw-capped tube. Results are then shown via a change in colour of the gel inside the test tube, depending on whether any microbial growth is present.The test utilizes the enzymes that the microbes produce to indicate their presence. It is this enzyme that causes a colour change within the test within 1 hour.
Through its colour-changing gel methodology, the test kit gives a clear indication of the severity of microbial proliferation, and the associated risks that can pose. Sig Rapid WB™ is a semi-quantitative test which indicates the level of microbial contamination present in water associated with fuel.
The test can rapidly indicate when a microbial contamination problem is present in the water associated with fuel, providing results within just 1 hour.
- Detects any active microbial growth that may be present
- Can be used for testing water associated with distillate fuel
- Utilises simple colour-change indication technology
- Provides easy-to-read results to demonstrate the extent of contamination
- Can be used either on-site or inside the Laboratory
- Requires no additional equipment or specialist training
- Provides rapid results within 1 hour
- Widely used for a number of different sample types, including Fuel Tank Water Bottoms and Drain Samples
- Part of the SigTests® Range and ideal for use alongside other Microbial Test Kits
Documents & Downloads