MANUFACTURER: ECHA Microbiology
Biocide Rapide™ Test Kit – ECHA Microbiology
Biocide Rapide™ Test provides a reliable assessment of preservative, biocide or antimicrobial concentrations on-site or in the laboratory. This unique test kit allows users to identify how much anti-microbial remains in a sample after treatment.
Biocide Rapide™ provides a reliable indication of whether a given sample may have been dosed with an anti-microbial chemical such as Biocide. It is a well-recognised method for the assessment of biocidal efficacy in a wide range of sample types.
The Test Kit can be used by simply adding your sample to an ampule of gel contained within the pack, and then incubating it at 64° C for a fixed period of 3 hours and 15 minutes. The growth of Bacillus (a safe and harmless bacteria) can then be assesed by examining the ampule post-incubation, and checking for any change in colour of the gel. If the gel does not change colour, the sample must have contained sufficient anti-microbial chemical to inhibit the growth of the Bacillus.
Biocide Rapide™ consists of ampules of gel which contain the spores of a thermophilic Bacillus and an indicator which changes from purple to yellow when growth occurs within the ampule. This simple colour-change indication technology is widely recognised as a reliable, semi-quantitative technique for the detection of the absence or presence of anti-microbial chemicals.
As well as being easy to use, this test kit provides a rapid indication of anti-microbial chemical presence, and in less than 4 hours, provides a reliable, semi-quantitative result. A specific Incubator is also required in order to maintain the required temperature of 64° C.
- Detects the absence or presence of any anti-microbial chemicals that may be/have been present in any given sample
- Can be used for testing fuels, metal working fluids and more
- Utilises simple colour-change indication technology
- Provides easy-to-read results to demonstrate the extent of contamination
- Can be used either on-site or inside the Laboratory
- Requires specialist incubator to maintain required incubation temperature
- Provides rapid results within just a few hours
- Enables target concentrations of Biocides to be easily maintained, avoiding incorrect dosage rates
Documents & Downloads
Biocide Rapide™ Test Kit Safety Data Sheet – Click to VIEW